POSITION TITLE: MEDICAL ASSISTANT
FSLA: NON EXEMPT
Under the direct supervision of the licensed physician and the general direction of the Nursing Supervisor, incumbent is responsible for conducting general medical assisting duties.
You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Diploma in approved Medical Assisting program required.
- Experience as medical assistant required
- Computer literacy.
- Demonstration of the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- CPR (provided by SCHC within 6 months of hire)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Preparing patients for the physician's care.
- Performing aseptic procedures.
- Take vital signs.
- Updating electronic record information (PCP of record) and maintenance of appropriate components of electron medical record.
- Performing venipuncture and non-intravenous injections (must meet competency levels cleared by Nursing Supervisor).
- Observing and reporting patient's signs or symptoms.
- Assisting with patient examinations or treatments.
- Operating office medical equipment.
- Collecting routine laboratory specimens as directed by the physician.
- Measuring for chart growth recording, knowledge of immunizations/recording, assist in minor surgeries, EKG & vision checks.
- Training new personnel, as required.
- Clean & manage all equipment, i.e. scales, surgical equipment, ophthalmoscope, thermometers, etc.
- Clean and stock exam rooms.
- Adhere to all safety and infection control policies.
- Schedule follow up appointments, health maintenance and referral appointments.
- Control flow of medical records and chart conversions and audits.
- Other duties as assigned.