POSITION TITLE: DENTAL ASSISTANT
Under the direct supervision of the Staff Dentist, incumbent is responsible for assisting the dentists in the delivery of dental care to patients and performing those procedures allowable according to Florida State Dental Laws.
You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an approved dental assisting program with expanded duty functions
- CPR (provided by SCHC within 6 months of hire)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Able to work in harmony with other dental staff
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence
- Able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Provide chair side assistance in the practice of sit-down four-handed dentistry.
- Exposing and developing dental radiographs.
- Cleaning and sterilization of dental instruments.
- Performing supplies inventory.
- Cleaning and maintenance of dental equipment and treatment areas.
- Ensure safe operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Performing associated laboratory procedures such as the pouring and trimming of models, fabrication of custom trays, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.