- 21-Apr-2017 to 21-Jul-2017 (EST)
- Plant City, FL, USA
- Part Time
POSITION TITLE: PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current Pharmacy Technician license.
- Ability to type accurately.
- Ability to do basic Pharmaceutical math quickly and accurately.
- High school and/or college courses in human physiology and chemistry preferred.
- Receive, read, and properly prepare prescription labels in English or Spanish.
- Properly identify medication from stock shelves and count out proper quantity as ordered and/or as outlined in Pharmacy SOP.
- With close supervision of the pharmacist in counseling patients and maintenance of education literature.
- Verify eligibility for Medicaid, HCHCP, and other third party payers. Calculating cost for other third party payers and for other than minimal fee patients.
- Pull and replace filed prescriptions needing refill and accomplish other filing as needed.
- Answer phone, properly responding to questions from physicians, nurses, and patients that are strictly routine in nature and referring other inquiries to the Pharmacist as appropriate.
- Conduct Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities. Keep a record of numerous statistical data, ensure availability of pharmaceuticals by alerting Pharmacist to potential out-of-stock and increased usage situations.
- Help stock shelves checking expiration dates and quantities on hand.
Suncoast Community Health Centers Inc. https://suncoastchc.applicantpro.com